PHP App Info Generally using "User Stories" (contained in Quote tags) under the Agile Development Method.
1. Icebox: Section for an unclaimed Story 2. Backlog: Section for a Story claimed by an Owner, but not yet being worked on. 3. Current: Section for a Story currently being worked on. Stories may move between Backlog and Current depending on if they are being worked on (current) or not (backlog). 4. Completed: Section for Completed Stories for reference.
- Gonzalez System: Ratings Exchange Class: Feature --- Formula --- Formula: RatingsChange = .1 * (RatingsGap) + GameResultIndex (W=1, L=-1) --- define RatingsGap --- define GameResultIndex --- define formula calculation and set as RatingsChange or Gonzalez Requester: Zigmister 11:30p 2014-01-06 Owner: vonstuben 3:00p 2014-02-19 Deliverer:
- NHL System (Champ System): Overtime losses are rewarded. Class: Feature --- Formula --- Formula: [W=2, L=0, OTL=1]. Tie breakers: Better WLP, total matches played, date of league entry (which matches the team ID in numerical order). --- define formula calculation Requester: Zigmister 11:30p 2014-01-06 Owner: liebz Deliverer:
Notes: errors in tiebreakers. See comments in this thread.
- Win/Loss Percentage Class: Feature --- Formula --- define formula calculation: WLP = W / (W+L) Requester: Zigmister 11:30p 2014-01-06 Owner: liebz Deliverer: Notes: Similar tiebreaker.
Last Edit: Feb 19, 2014 15:26:46 GMT -6 by Zigmister
- Perrone System: Quality win component similar to BCS Class: Feature --- Formula --- Basic formula (see link for full variables): [(Wins+OT-Ls)-(Losses)] / Total Games Played --- define formula calculation Requester: Zigmister 11:30p 2014-01-06 Owner: Deliverer:
- Captains view standings of the different formulas on different html pages. Class: Release --- Complete NCAA Lieblich calculation --- Complete WLP calculation --- Complete NHL Champ calculation --- Complete IRB Gonzalez calculation --- Complete BCS Perrone calculation Requester: Zigmister 09:15p 2014-01-15 Owner: Deliverer:
This story details the working app, and generally should be delivered by end of January. We can clean up the code later, but this deadline should work out.
Last Edit: Jan 15, 2014 10:19:04 GMT -6 by Zigmister
- The Admin updates Database with up to date scores from last season and the current season. Class: Chore --- Update G-sheet Master Records, Total Results sheet with 2014 Season results. --- Make sure date is YYYY-MM-DD, then export Drive Sheet to CSV. Delete top row (Header Row) of CSV --- Take CSV of Total Results and update database. In MySQL Admin: SQL > Insert data from a text file (at bottom) > Fields terminated by |,| > Fields enclosed by |blank| > lines terminated by |\n| --- Double check results Requester: Zigmister 1:30p 2014-01-06 Owner: Zigmister 1:31p 2014-01-06 Deliverer: Zigmister 3:59p 2014-01-06
I had a small meeting with vonstuben to look over the code, and he's going to take on the IRB Gonzalez system schedule permitting. I've also added another Release story for a deadline of the end of Jan for working scripts of each of the five formulas. Code doesn't have to be neat but it should work.
Post any updates or problems as you come across them, somebody might be able to help.
New stuff is uploaded in a new folder called new_cals in the code folder. I put some txt files called how-to-add-calculators.txt and changelog.txt, to explain what i did and how to add new calculators.
We're slightly off schedule by a few days, but part of that is my fault of course, haven't had a chance to catch up with the code. I'm looking into Andy's new code tonight and tomorrow, and vonstuben said he was going to start on the Gonzalez Story. If he doesn't touch it before the weekend I'll pick it up.
We need to set up a working Standings calc for each formula, so we can compare and I can get the League to start discussing.
What exactly do you mean by a Standings calc for each formula? I can throw the calculators I've made onto one page.
Also Zigmas, have you used git or github? I think we should look into using it. It'll make it easier for people to pull our code and start working on it, and also make it easier to review code before pushing it live. Among other useful things. I think I saw Kyle is using git for the ref app too.
i just recently got into github, coming from a old designer background I've always hated the way it's put together. (from what i've seen professionally, many designers can't get on with it too). But making an NCDA account was in the list of things to do. and putting the files on the production server probably isn't the best thing to do, but i didn't want to set up a local host on my machine, and this lets me view the results almost instantly.
What I meant by Standings calc was just this page for every formula: ncdadodgeball.com/media/code/new_calcs/NHLDisplay.php So we can begin to compare the different formulas. With the MDC coming up, they usually seed the pools according to the rankings if memory serves.
I was posting while at my work, and was initially a post to let you know Vonstuben was going to work on the Gonzalez system.
Last Edit: Feb 5, 2014 19:39:31 GMT -6 by Zigmister
Did a cursory double check of your NHL calculation. The numbers are right, but the tie breakers are off.
I think this means we also need to include more code in the sorting algorithm to account for straight up ties (for example, the ranking number would be 19 and 19 and 19 for the last three teams, if they had zero points), as well as the tiebreakers included in the NHL system.
NHL System: (unofficial: The Champ System) Overtime losses are rewarded. [W=2, L=0, OTL=1]. Tie breakers: Better WLP, total matches played, date of league entry (which matches the team ID in numerical order).
Doing some more fiddling with the code and results as well.
Last Edit: Feb 13, 2014 15:36:41 GMT -6 by Zigmister
Zigmister: Forum has been updated by Proboards...
Dec 26, 2013 16:04:24 GMT -6
Zigmister: i could spend a little bit of time fiddling with the CSS to make a nice header, but I don't think I should spend that just yet. So i just put a simple logo in the header
Dec 27, 2013 0:00:53 GMT -6
Zigmister: A new section has been made, the Development team will be using it to organize their code for the RPI system
Dec 27, 2013 0:54:20 GMT -6
WKU-Perrone-76: Tomorrow is the last day! If your league payments are postmarked by December 31st you're still clear of the late fee penalty!
Dec 30, 2013 15:03:57 GMT -6
Zigmister: So there's a couple of cool things we can do with the forum now, if I install some plugins. Randomly came across a in-post tournament bracket plugin that might be useful for others. Check out the giant list: www.proboards.com/library/plugins/1492531
Jan 1, 2014 14:59:11 GMT -6
Zigmister: if anyone sees one they like, let me know and I will install it.
Jan 1, 2014 14:59:28 GMT -6
WKU-Perrone-76: Schools who have not paid their league due yet, there is still a chance to pay. Your dues now have a $25 penalty fee associated with them, so your minimum is now $125. You have two weeks from today, January 31st, to get those checks postmarked and sent.
Jan 17, 2014 16:59:27 GMT -6
Zigmister: populated pivotal tracker with many a story
Feb 23, 2014 21:37:03 GMT -6
WKU-Perrone-76: Please start a new thread with any new rules you'd like to propose to be discussed and voted upon briefly during the captain's meeting at Nationals!
Mar 18, 2014 14:16:01 GMT -6